- Nov., 2021-Now Joint Post Doc, Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University & Networking Team, Kuaishou Technology
- Sep., 2016-Jun., 2021 Ph.D. Degree, Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University. From my undergraduate years to Feb., 2019, I spent about 3.5 years working under the supervision of Dr. Jun Bi, a diligent and kind professor. Unfortunately, he suddenly passed away in Feb., 2019. Then I switched to the supervision of Dr. Jianping Wu and Dr. Mingwei Xu, to continue my Ph.D. study. During the past few years, I am fortunate to work with partners from my lab (Dr. Zhaogeng Li, Dr. Kai Gao, Jiasong Bai, Guanyu Li, Yi Qiao, Shicheng Wang, Chang Liu, Xiao Kong, Cheng Guo, Han Bao and etc.) and collaborators from Rice University (Dr. Ang Chen), Texas A&M University (Dr. Guofei Gu, Dr. Lei Xu) and University at Buffalo, SUNY. (Dr. Hongxin Hu).
From Feb., 2019 to Jul., 2019, I worked as a visiting scholar at Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Texas A&M University, under the supervision of Dr. Guofei Gu.
- Aug., 2012-Jul., 2016 B.S. Degree, Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University
- Research interest:
- Software-Defined Programmable Network Security. I am one of the first researchers to work on the intersections of programmable networks and security, and have published across a wide range of well-recognized conferences and journals in this area such as NDSS, NSDI, INFOCOM, ICNP, RAID, HotNets, SOSR, JSAC, TON, TPDS and etc. I am familiar with Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Programmable data plane (P4), and extended Berkeley Packet Filter (eBPF). Besides, I have deeply involved in a set of scenarios, such as data center network, cloud gateway, Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks, Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (NIDS/NIPS), Internet of Things (IoT), network scanning, network traffic analysis, container network and etc. Most of my projects are trying to make software-defined networked systems more security and efficient.
- High-Performance Networking. Recently I am working on the area of high-performance networking (e.g., RDMA, SmartNIC, DPU/IPU), which I believe is promising for data center applications, especially distributed machine learning clusters and large-scale storage clusters.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Github: https://github.com/ZhangMenghao
- Yi Qiao, Menghao Zhang, Yu Zhou, Xiao Kong, Han Zhang, Mingwei Xu, Jun Bi, Jilong Wang.
NetEC: Accelerating Erasure Coding Reconstruction with In-Network Aggregation.
In IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), January 2022 (CCF-A/TH-CPL-A, SCI Impact Factor 2.687, top journal in High Performance Computing)
- Guanyu Li, Menghao Zhang, Cheng Guo, Han Bao, Mingwei Xu, Hongxin Hu, Fenghua Li.
IMap: Fast and Scalable In-Network Scanning with Programmable Switches.
In the 19th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), Renton, WA, USA, April 4-6, 2022 (CCF-A/TH-CPL-A, full paper acceptance ratio: 50/298=16.8%, top conference in Networked System) [code]
- Guanyu Li, Menghao Zhang, Cheng Guo, Han Bao, Mingwei Xu, Hongxin Hu.
Switches are Scanners Too! A Fast and Scalable In-Network Scanner with Programmable Switches.
In the 20th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets), Virtual Conference, November 10-12, 2021 (CCF-C/TH-CPL-B, full paper acceptance ratio: 31/101=30.7%)
- Guanyu Li, Menghao Zhang, Shicheng Wang, Chang Liu, Mingwei Xu, Ang Chen, Hongxin Hu, Guofei Gu, Qi Li, Jianping Wu.
Enabling Performant, Flexible and Cost-Efficient DDoS Defense with Programmable Switches.
In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1509-1526, August 2021 (CCF-A/TH-CPL-A, SCI Impact Factor 3.315, top journal in Computer Networks)
- Shicheng Wang, Menghao Zhang, Guanyu Li, Chang Liu, Ying Liu, Xuya Jia, Mingwei Xu.
Making Multi-String Pattern Matching Scalable and Cost-Efficient with Programmable Switching ASICs.
In the 40th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Virtual Conference, May 10-13, 2021 (CCF-A/TH-CPL-A, full paper acceptance ratio: 251/1266=19.7%, Best Paper Award Nomination, Top 13 out of 251 accepted papers) [code]
- Menghao Zhang, Guanyu Li, Lei Xu, Jiasong Bai, Mingwei Xu, Guofei Gu, Jianping Wu.
Control Plane Reflection Attacks and Defenses in Software-Defined Networks.
In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 623-636, April 2021 (CCF-A/TH-CPL-A, SCI Impact Factor 3.315, top journal in Computer Networks)
- Menghao Zhang, Guanyu Li, Shicheng Wang, Chang Liu, Ang Chen, Hongxin Hu, Guofei Gu, Qi Li, Mingwei Xu, Jianping Wu.
Poseidon: Mitigating Volumetric DDoS Attacks with Programmable Switches.
In the 27th Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), San Diego, CA, USA, February 23-26, 2020 (CCF-B/TH-CPL-A, full paper acceptance ratio: 88/506=17.4%, top conference in Security)
- Guanyu Li, Menghao Zhang, Chang Liu, Xiao Kong, Ang Chen, Guofei Gu, Haixin Duan.
NetHCF: Enabling Line-rate and Adaptive Spoofed IP Traffic Filtering.
In the 27th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Chicago, Illinois, USA, October 7-10, 2019 (CCF-B/TH-CPL-A, full paper acceptance ratio: 38/210=18.1%) [code]
- Menghao Zhang, Jun Bi, Kai Gao, Yi Qiao, Guanyu Li, Xiao Kong, Zhaogeng Li, Hongxin Hu.
Tripod: Towards a Scalable, Efficient and Resilient Cloud Gateway.
In IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 570-585, March 2019 (CCF-A/TH-CPL-A, SCI Impact Factor 11.42, top journal in Communications) [code]
- Menghao Zhang, Guanyu Li, Lei Xu, Jun Bi, Guofei Gu, Jiasong Bai.
Control Plane Reflection Attacks in SDNs: New Attacks and Countermeasures.
In the 21st International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID), Heraklion, Crete, Greece, September 10-12, 2018 (CCF-B/TH-CPL-B, full paper acceptance ratio: 32/145=22.1%)
- Xiao Kong, Naijia Liu, Menghao Zhang, Mingwei Xu.
Analysis of online college teaching data before and after the COVID-19 epidemic.
In Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), September 23, 2020 (TH-CPL-B, In Chinese)
- Jiasong Bai, Menghao Zhang, Guanyu Li, Chang Liu, Mingwei Xu, Hongxin Hu.
FastFE: Accelerating ML-based Traffic Analysis with Programmable Switches.
In the 1st Workshop on Secure Programmable Network Infrastructure (SPIN), co-located with SIGCOMM 2020, New York, USA, August 10, 2020
- Yi Qiao, Xiao Kong, Menghao Zhang, Yu Zhou, Mingwei Xu, Jun Bi.
Towards In-network Acceleration of Erasure Coding.
In the ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR), San Jose, CA, USA, March 3, 2020
- Shicheng Wang, Chang Liu, Ying Liu, Guanyu Li, Menghao Zhang, Yangyang Wang, Mingwei Xu.
Fast Multi-string Pattern Matching using PISA.
In CoNEXT Posters and Demos, Orlando, Florida, USA, December 9-12, 2019
- Menghao Zhang, Jiasong Bai, Guanyu Li, Zili Meng, Hongda Li, Hongxin Hu, Mingwei Xu.
When NFV Meets ANN: Rethinking Elastic Scaling for ANN-based NFs.
In the 1st Workshop on Harnessing the Data Revolution in Networking (HDR-Nets), co-located with ICNP 2019, Chicago, Illinois, USA, October 7, 2019
- Jiasong Bai, Menghao Zhang, Jun Bi.
Survey of Attacks and Countermeasures for SDN.
In ZTE Communications, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2018
- Jiasong Bai, Jun Bi, Menghao Zhang, Guanyu Li.
NetHCF: Filtering Spoofed IP Traffic Using Switching ASICs.
In SIGCOMM Posters and Demos, Budapest, Hungary, August 20-25, 2018 [code]
- Menghao Zhang, Jun Bi, Jiasong Bai, Guanyu Li.
FloodShield: Securing the SDN Infrastructure Against Denial-of-Service Attacks.
In the 17th IEEE International Conference On Trust, Security And Privacy In Computing And Communications (TrustCom), New York, USA, July 31-August 3, 2018 (CCF-C) [code]
- Menghao Zhang, Jun Bi, Jiasong Bai, Yangyang Wang.
DoS Attack Defense Framework for SDN Infrastructure.
In Journal of Southeast University（Natural Science Edition), Jinan, Shandong, China, November 20-24, 2017 (In Chinese)
- Menghao Zhang, Jun Bi, Jiasong Bai, Zhao Dong, Yongbin Li, Zhaogeng Li.
FTGuard: A Priority-Aware Strategy Against the Flow Table Overflow Attack in SDN.
In SIGCOMM Posters and Demos, Los Angeles, CA, USA, August 22–24, 2017 [code]
- 徐明伟,张梦豪,李冠宇,曹家浩. 深度报文检测系统及其检测方法、计算机设备和存储介质[P]. 202110637419.8, 2021-06-08.
- 刘莹,王士诚,张梦豪,李冠宇,刘畅,徐明伟. 多字符串模式匹配方法、装置、计算机设备及存储介质[P]. 202110270270.4, 2021-03-12.
- 毕军,张梦豪,白家松,高凯. 一种基于软件定义网络的源地址验证系统[P]. 201810191268.6, 2018-09-28. （已授权）
Selected Honors and Awards
- “Kwai Star” Special Technical Talent Program, Kuaishou Technology, 2021 (The only winner in the system/engineering field of the whole company)
- Outstanding Ph.D Graduate, Dept. of Computer Science & Technology, Tsinghua University, 2021
- Outstanding Ph.D Graduate, Beijing, 2021 (Top 7 out of 100+ Ph.D Graduates in the CS department)
- Selected in “Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program”, 2021
- Intel Bug Bounty Awards for High-Impact Software Bugs on Tofino Switch, 2021 ($5,000)
- 2nd prize, 84 Scholarship for Innovations and Future, Tsinghua University, 2020 (¥50,000, 1st prize vacancy this year)
- Tang Lixin Scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2020
- Souhu Research and Development Scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2019
- IEEE ICNP Travel Grant, 2019
- Tsinghua Scholarship for Overseas Graduate Studies, 2018
- The Scholarship from Shanghai FiXun Digital Communication Technology Co., Ltd, Tsinghua University, 2017
- Student Chair, CCF ICoC 2017 Doctoral Forum, 2017
- ACM SIGCOMM Travel Grant, 2017
- Outstanding Graduate, Dept. of Computer Science & Technology, Tsinghua University, 2016
- 3rd prize, Tsinghua University Network Security Technology Challenge Cup, 2015
- The Scholarship for Excellence in Technological Innovation, Tsinghua University, 2015
- The Scholarship of Huang Yicong and his wife, Tsinghua University, 2015
- 3rd prize, Tsinghua University Challenge Cup, 2015
- National Endeavor Scholarship in Tsinghua University, 2014
- The Scholarship of Huang Yicong and his wife, Tsinghua University, 2013
- 1st prize, National Physics Contest of College Students, 2013